I Know I Talk About Google Earth Too Much But..

But seriously... Google Earth is the most unbelievable thing I have ever interacted with. Ever.
Here is a little story. I am sitting in Starbucks in New York. A friend calls. This friend is sitting on South Beach in Miami. I have never been to Miami.
I am logged into the Starbucks Hotspot on my laptop.
Within 1 minute - I had opened Google Earth and typed in South Beach, Miami and I had drilled down to the image. I said to her - So which of the 3 rows of yellow umbrellas are you sitting under ? She goes silent..... then.. 'what ?' (in a freaked out way)
I say.. so you didnt want to sit under one of the 10 blue umbrellas to the right ?
I say... why are there people laying out under the sun. It just looks so hot.
There are nnoooooo waves.... You should go back to that big hotel pool right behind you.
COMPLETE SILENCE FROM HER.
So within a minute... I had a direct image of where she was sitting... and could see everything around her.
This freaked her out.... then as we were talking, I flew back over to Melbourne and drilled down to my home and had a quick look around the park across the street and to see if they had made any progress in the house someone is building behind us.
I have said it 500 times... I will say it again... Google Earth is the most unbelievable thing I have ever interacted with. As a person obsessed with gadgets and every new piece of technology I can get in my hands... this thing totally blows me away.

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home