Meet one day. Get married next = Celebrity
I kinda think that anything that fails over 50% of the time has probably failed in general. If you apply that to institution of marriage, you could draw the conclusion that in today's world, marriage, as an institution is dead. I think it worked in my parents day.
Dont get me wrong. I think lifelong unions are still strong. I think the good ones are starting later in age. I think its the pressure that comes to bare on two people when they are married is a big cause of it ending. Just an opinion. I have met a few couples now that are just 'together'... and they seem so comfortable... i feel they are travelling at a speed that is far more conducive to longevity...
Anyway, I digress.
What the hell is wrong with these people who are famous at the moment. Whats this "meet and get engaged within a couple of weeks and marry in a year" - i couldnt imagine that happening with anyone i know.
Two conclusions: 1) messed up 2) engagement and marriage are both headline grabbers - and publicity leads to sales - albums, box office etc.
I think this craziness leads to us seeing these people as kinda crazy... and kinda not worth being a fan of. This leads to out of sight out of mind for most famous people these days... and it comes down to this:
People used to be famous because they were a celebrity. Now they are a celebrity just because they're famous.
Dont get me wrong. I think lifelong unions are still strong. I think the good ones are starting later in age. I think its the pressure that comes to bare on two people when they are married is a big cause of it ending. Just an opinion. I have met a few couples now that are just 'together'... and they seem so comfortable... i feel they are travelling at a speed that is far more conducive to longevity...
Anyway, I digress.
What the hell is wrong with these people who are famous at the moment. Whats this "meet and get engaged within a couple of weeks and marry in a year" - i couldnt imagine that happening with anyone i know.
Two conclusions: 1) messed up 2) engagement and marriage are both headline grabbers - and publicity leads to sales - albums, box office etc.
I think this craziness leads to us seeing these people as kinda crazy... and kinda not worth being a fan of. This leads to out of sight out of mind for most famous people these days... and it comes down to this:
People used to be famous because they were a celebrity. Now they are a celebrity just because they're famous.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home